Thứ Tư, 24 tháng 4, 2013

Four minutes with Rachael Leahcar

Rachel Leahcar

Learning curve: Rachael Leahcar with Guide Dog in training Quincy. Picture: Stephen Laffer Source: National Features

THE former voice contestant takes time out to chat about recording her new album.

1. A YEAR ON RACHAEL IS A VOICE JUDGE, FROM HER LOUNGE ROOM

My favourite would have to be Anna Weatherup," she says of the folk singer, eliminated on Tuesday night. "She reminds me of one of my favourite singers of all time Eva Cassidy. And a few others including Celia Pavey and Harrison Craig."

2. HARDEST SONG TO TACKLE?

"In the Arms of An Angel was really hard for me because I have a lot of vibrato in my voice," she explains. "Also Hearts a Mess I never thought I would be able to sing that and I almost gave it the flick but I managed to make the notes work and let go of my Rachel-isms," she laughs.

3. HOW MANY SONGS DID YOU RECORD FOR THE ALBUM?

"It started off at about 100 songs and was then whittled down to 50 and then I recorded about 20. I'm really happy with the album and my originals. I'm just so excited to show everyone what I've been up to."

4. LITTLE RACHEL IS GROWING UP

"To think I was writing songs about cheese and playing at school to writing songs about love and heartbreak," she laughs. "But I've gone through writing about love and stage and want to start writing more unique things like stories."

> HEAR Romantique, out tomorrow through Universal.


View the original article here

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét