Thứ Ba, 19 tháng 2, 2013

All is Aoki if you meet his demands

Sunset Strip Music Festival

DJ Steve Aoki embraces a fan during his performance at the Sunset Strip Music Festival in West Hollywood, California. Picture: AP Source: AP

DEMANDING DJ Steve Aoki has opened up about his outrageous tour rider - which includes underwear, an inflatable boat, grass-fed beef, champagne and a bag of local grass.

LA-based Aoki told Confidential: "I have a reason for each item on my rider, from bottles of Cristal, which are unnecessary, to underwear and socks, which are totally necessary because we travel all the time, and I take care of my crew.

"It's all about travelling efficiently and we prefer to fly with only carry-on. Socks and underwear take up a lot of space."

Aoki is a DJ, record label boss, fashion designer and a restaurateur. His father Rocky Aoki, founded the famous teppanyaki chain, Benihana.

Steve Aoki said his demands are about familiarity.

He said: "I figure if I can live my lifestyle on the road, then I'm a happy touring individual.

"It's a super detailed list of what I'm accustomed to."

While his rider also asks for four grams of "local grass," Aoki denies making that specific request.

He laughed; "I'm not gonna try to pass the buck here because I take accountability for everything that's mine, but I don't even smoke weed.

"That was for someone else."

But Aoki said lawmakers should read the fine print.

"If you want to get technical, it's not actually weed - it's local grass," he said.

"People have actually brought actual grass, like lawn, backstage."

Aoki performs at Future Music Festival in Brisbane on March 2, Perth on March 3, Sydney on March 9, Melbourne on March 10, and Adelaide on March 11.

STEVE AOKI'S TOUR RIDER INCLUDES:
Inflatable boat or dingie (sic) suitable for 2 or 3 people (used during his performance)
6 pairs of men's underwear (briefs style)
6 pairs of men's socks (crew style)
3 large black V-neck t-shirts (American Apparel or H&M is acceptable)
1 small bottle of Listerine or similar antisepctic mouthwash
Promoter to pay for dinner (restaurants should be organic serving local foods, grass fed meat, non refined sugars, non-bleached flours)
One eight of an ounce of local grass.


View the original article here

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét