Thứ Hai, 6 tháng 5, 2013

Will.i.am wants Opera House album

Will.i.am

Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am says he hopes to record an orchestra album in Sydney. Source: Supplied

  • Says he enjoys performing and appearing on TV talent shows
  • Will tour #willpower with a new kind of live show
  • Wants to record an orchestra album at the Sydney Opera House

AMERICAN hitmaker will.i.am calls it the TV Show Tour, where artists, coaches, judges and mentors get to showcase their wares on the top-rating small screen talent quests.

Back in Australia to spruik his solo album #willpower, the Black Eyed Peas creative controller will perform his chart-topper #thatpower on tomorrow night's first results episode of The Voice.

CATCH ALL THE ACTION FROM TONIGHT'S SHOW WITH OUR LIVE BLOG FROM 7PM AEST:

"You know what I think is cool? It gives artists a new venue. You play the Sydney Opera House, I played the Big Day Out, now I'm touring The Voice. It's a new tour, just touring all the countries' Voices," he said, laughing.

"Check this out, I mentored on (American) Idol last year, I did the coaches' house visit on X Factor, I've done the Voice and I did Idol again last week. I tour TV. I tour the tube."

Will.i.am is a coach on the British franchise of The Voice which is running concurrently with the Australian series. He was originally approached to join our series.

He laughed at the suggestion it might be awkward performing a song in front of the Australian coaches.

"I am going to be looking at Seal like, you know you are the Australian me, right? And I'm the UK you, right? And Usher is the American us, right?" he said.

"Then (Black Eyed Peas member) Apl, my best friend, he's doin the Filipino Voice.

"I'm tellin' Seal, 'I'm coming for your chair next'."

The producer, singer, rapper and brand man said the orchestral themes running through #willpower will inspire his next solo record.

will.i.am is a regular visitor to Australia since 2001 and credited his nightclubbing experiences here while working on Wolverine for inspiring the dance-heavy sound of the Black Eyed Peas record The End.

Now he wants to return with a grander plan.

"I would like to do an orchestra album and record the whole record here at the Sydney Opera House," he said.

"Let's work it all out somewhere, know your repertoire, what you are going to be recording, know all the parts and pieces, do all the rehearsals and then you record it all in one place. And you invite people to come.

"What else is there to do? Everything is in a computer now and don't mind, I like computer beats but I think there is a thirst for the human."

He promises he will tour #willpower - not just on TV shows - but wants to invent a new way of playing live.

And he still has to executive produce the new record from Britney Spears, who guests on his No.1 hit Scream And Shout.

"I want to tour, I want to tour here in Australia, but I want to put in the same effort I did with making the record and come up with something different," he said.

"I don't want it to look like 'Where are the other guys at?"'

Will.i.am performs on The Voice on Tuesday.


View the original article here

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét