Thứ Ba, 5 tháng 3, 2013

Big Ask with music idol Keith Urban

Urban

Catch Keith urban on American Idol. Thursday, 7.30pm, Channel 10. Source: Supplied

MANY of us knew him as the music star whose career took him from Tamworth to Tennesee, and for his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

After appearing as a judge on The Voice, however, Keith Urban's profile skyrocketed.

Urban was a standout "discovery" on the ratings hit, which showcased his charm and musical cool like never before. No wonder American Idol producers swooped on Urban and poached him for a reported $4 million.

 Q: When you think about how you find confidence as a singer, what's it like to watch the Idol singers find their confidence?

A: It's tremendous. I never forget the environment they're working in, too. You're young, 18 or whatever, and you're standing there in front of us and countless millions watching at home, but you've got limited time to do your thing. I have a tremendous amount of empathy for the environment that they're working in.

 Q: You and Nicki Minaj clearly admire each other.

A: When we got into shooting what I really liked about Nicki was her straight shooting. For me, growing up in Australia, I like being around people that are just absolutely raw and straight and tell it like it is.

 Q: You have been nice on the show. How do you approach being critical?

A: I feel like I've been able to do that when I need to. I'm just trying to think if it's something I can say that isn't something that's just straight soul crushing and not helpful for them. I don't see any worth in that. I'm trying to give specific direction. And it's just my opinion. It's not to say it's a fact.

Q: American Idol has millions of fans. Are your daughters two of them?

A: They actually came down (to the set) for a little while. Nic and I love them being around that kind of environment, watching people sing, perform and being around the music.

Q: Do they have musical promise?

A: I don't know. It certainly won't be through lack of access to it all. We have instruments around the house and I sit at the piano and play with both the girls. Just this morning, I had the music cranked up during breakfast and they would sort of eat a bit and then start dancing and then go back and eat a bit more. I just thought: 'What an awesome way to start the morning.'

Q: Your schedule is crazy with concerts, tours, appearances, Idol and being a husband and dad. Do you have plans to take it down a notch?

A: It's a huge honour that I get to do all of it. I have an extraordinary team around me because it really does take a village. And I have an extraordinary wife in Nic who's an amazing mother. She just does a beautiful job of helping keep it all in balance.

American Idol, Channel 10, Thursday 7.30pm


View the original article here

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét